Saturday, March 9, 2013

Lifestyle makeover

I am pushing 40 and pretty much still trying to figure out what I want to do when I "grow up". I have a life without a house, kids, or a regular job. Even as I've gone into business for myself I have done it differently than most people.  I don't relate to to the lifestyles and workstyles most other people gravitate towards.  There are assumptions that we should all do things in certain ways, and when the opportunity presents itself to strike out and do things differently, fear, comfort or just habit usually dictate that people don't stray far from the accepted script.

When I feel like I am following a script or a predetermined way of doing things, like a teenager I still rebel. This will sound to many as immature and not serving any purpose.  But why do things like other people do when that isn't necessarily going to make me happy?  If you start approaching things this way, you risk falling into the rabbit hole of examining what (your) life is all about and what happiness is (to you). 

I've been

No comments:

Post a Comment